Thursday, August 25, 2011

Coach Chip Reflects

I was just thinking . . .
My wife and I appreciate everyone who showed their support through my illness and now my recuperation.  Nearly everyday we meet new people with great ideas.  They are connecting us with even more who open their hearts to bring an awareness of the fight against heart disease.


The efforts to announce the ZUMBA Fitness & Health Fair on October 22, 2011 has taken off with really good responses.  The list goes on and on.  So before we get too far into the process, we just want to say "what a great time we are having with all of you."  Thank you for being willing to help.  No one knows like the people involved the rigors of a serious illness.  Most times, it is only the patient and the caregiver who is aware of what the human body is capable of withstanding. It reminds me of the saying "what goes on in this house, stays in this house."  My mom was good for saying that.

Truly, no one tells everything.  But when you find adversity at your door, you will open up to receive help when you can.  I remember being in the hospital thinking. . . when I get out of here, I'm going to tell my story, help other people, take NOTHING for granted and take my wife out for chocolate chip pecan pie.  

To the memory of the donor and the family that has blessed me with this priceless gift of life; I want them to know that not one day goes by that I don't regard their loss, not one 3 mile morning walk, not one smile from my family goes without me saying "thank you."  I don't know the circumstances, but I can say that someone was loved - man I mean loved.  Yeah- I wish to one day know them.

Coach Chip Malone

No comments:

Post a Comment