Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Rolling Right Along

Most people thought I cared mostly about the win/loss column in the record books.  Like me or not, it is my fair and by-the-book work ethics that gave many something to talk about.  "Relax.  Not everybody has the same work ethic or think like you do," my wife would warn.  

With the blessing of another chance in life, I have learned that I have the same passion when it comes to being able to help people.  Whether they are struggling with heart disease or  interested in learning first hand about heart disease and transplantation as it pertained.  
 
I keep rolling right along researching various topics and reading medical advances since my episode that can help to save lives.  Also I am calling on churches, college nursing/medical programs and organizations that may give me an opportunity to share my story.   

A wealth of knowledge & assistance                                               St. Joseph's nurses provide ultimate ;  
from the transplant coordinators.                                                  care to patients.  Thanks Brooke!
Thanks Tracy and Denise.                   

Even though I "talk heart" and heart-related topics it doesn't mean I can't identify with anyone facing or who have faced a major illness.  I am extremely happy to look into the eyes of an overcomer and listen to the story of another survivor. 
   
Drs. Miller and Jensen take a photo with other
heart transplant and LVAD survivors.  9/11








No comments:

Post a Comment