Thursday, January 12, 2012

A CHANGE OF H E A R T

Fourteen months since "the call."

At the time this picture was taken I was five months old  from the transplanted heart.  The baby in the group as we had dinner at Mary Macs in Atlanta. 


We (Cynthia & I) were flanked by some wonderful survivors-- other heart recipients that had some similar symptoms and vastly different experiences.  It was a good time.



A change of heart does happen.  Now I wear a red bracelet with the words "A Second Chance."  Not only is that the name of my upcoming publication, but I present a bracelet to any individual that I hear has been given a second chance in life.  They may have survived cancer, a heart attack, or a car accident.  This is exclusive to the folks that can say they are  able to look into the faces of loved ones after a battle to live and know how priceless that blessing really is. 

But let's remember this touches the lives of the donor family as well.   A common denominator is found love/over/ love.  God loves us immensely and I can't begin to tell you how or why he makes His divine decisions.  I can only remember my wife saying. . . God is faithful."  "It is not as it appears and we will know this when He is ready to let us know."  

I have in me a good heart-- a gift.  The name still unknown; along with hobbies, likes and dislikes.  What I do know is that this hero or "shero" is God's child and He will never fail them.  Wherever their mansion is, He has sent angels to bless us both.  

~  Coach Chip 
P.S. Ever write something and hope it is conveying what you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment