Tuesday, January 17, 2012

February - Heart Awareness Month

FEBRUARY ACTIVITIES DEAR TO MY HEART

You can't put a monetary value on feeling well.  Anyone who has been ill even with a common cold can agree.  Because I felt the way that I did, I considered it was normal until the struggle to breathe worsened.


What would you do with a God-given second chance?  My "calling" in life is to share my story and remind the ill that anything is possible.  The thing I find most often with people is they don't have time to hear the impact this has on the body and on a family.  I wrote on my facebook page that when someone sees me shopping for groceries, or at a basketball game they have no idea of the extreme care I still must take with my health.  It is an assumption that well "he don't need nothin'!"

A new game plan has been developed.  Chapter by chapter I am taking the strategy of X's and O's to explain risk factors associated with heart disease wherever I can.  Not just in February or at special events.  You should see me at Kroger!  Though I am not a doctor, many doctors haven't been where I have.  Certainly I  direct anyone to find a healthcare professional to improve their condition.
Itinerary: Feb. 1    Museum of Aviation
                 Feb. 2    Morehouse School of Medicine
                 Feb. 2    Mayor & Ministers Mtg.
                 Feb. 3    National Wear Red - support women in the fight
                             against heart disease
                 Feb. 4    Mable White Baptist Church
                 Feb. 4    *Book Signing Launch Party*
                 Feb. 7    Warner Robins Rotary Club
                 Feb. 25   The Galleria Mall - Centerville
                       Feb. 27  The International Optimist Club

Hopefully I will hear from the colleges and universities in response to my request to give back to the medical community by sharing my personal experience.  They can hear the story, ask me any questions oh yeah,  buy my book "A Second Chance" arriving January 31. 

~Coach Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment