Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This Time Last Year

Recently, I participated in a diabetes awareness fundraiser as well as the American Heart Association-Heart Walk.  This time last year, I couldn't walk across the room unassisted.  As a matter of fact, hospital records show the poor function of my heart and the life threatening condition I was in due to heart disease.


I would reminisce about helping my daughter to move into her first ever apartment since college after accepting a new job.  This had been a  missed opportunity because that was the initial hospitalization for me (June, 2010.)  I couldn't lift my head up, much less carry a box or move furniture.  I was weak, swollen and very fatigued.


October 3rd of last year, I was fighting for my life in an Atlanta hospital.  This past weekend (October 3, 2011), I was keenly aware that "today I'm eleven months old" I told my wife. We were then standing in my daughter's new apartment watching her interact with the movers and make decisions about redecorating to make this location better than the other one.  I thank God that both of us are able. . . you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment